- /Dark Spot Treatment
Dark Spot Treatment
Dark spots on the skin are a common cause for concern. They do a lot more than mar your external appearance- sometimes, they might be indicative of a deeper ailment lying underneath. Whether your dark spots are superficial or a symptom of something else, removing them can be a daunting task. Thankfully, there is effective dark spot treatment available across our branches Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Vizag and Vijayawada that can handle the problem holistically and quickly.
Here is a collection of all that you need to know about dark spots, their origins, and how you can get rid of them for good.
What are Dark Spots?
Dark spots happen when patches of the skin collect extra melanin. The congestion of melanin is what gives the specific portion of the skin its dark color. Dark spots can appear anywhere - the neck, arms, back, and most commonly, the face. The sudden appearance of dark spots can be a little disconcerting, but once you analyze the causes of these dark spots, you will realize that there is no reason to panic at all.
What Causes Dark Spots?
Given below are some of the reasons that give rise to dark spots, or the excess production of melanin, on the skin.
- Overexposure to UV rays
- Hormonal imbalance
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
Types of Dark Spots
The first step that you need to take if you want to remove your dark spots is to determine its type. Only then will you be able to pursue the appropriate treatment for the same. Here are some of the different types of dark spots:
- Melasma:This variety of dark spots is usually produced on women with darker skin tones. Melasma is an extended form of hyperpigmentation, where instead of small spots, you would notice sections of the skin in colors ranging from light brown to dark yellow.
- Lentigines: Solar lentigines are usually caused due to the overexposure of the skin to the solar rays. This overexposure gives rise to multiple tiny spots that appear as a patch. Lentigines are more common in adults than they are in children.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: Have you ever picked at a pimple and then have it leave a mark on the skin? That is post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or PIH. It usually occurs when you pop or pick your acne spots. They range from pink to red and look more like blemishes than dark spots.
Dark Spots on Face Treatment
As mentioned above, dark spots are not permanent. They can be removed by using topical creams, cosmetic treatments, and certain benign procedures. Here are some of the common solutions to dark spots on face treatment that can be available to you:
- Laser Lasers can fix anything, and they can get rid of dark spots for sure. In laser treatment, a beam of light is cast upon the spot to break up the melanin particles that have accumulated there. You might have to repeat the process several times, depending on how big or small your spot is. Usually, 4-6 sessions of laser therapy yield the best results. When getting laser therapy, however, please make sure that you are consulting a certified therapist.
- Chemical peels Chemical peels use a combination of solutions to cure the affected area. Chemical peels help in removing the outer layers of the skin so that the dark spots fade eventually. Along with a blemish-free face, you will also gain smooth and glowing skin. You should get this treatment for dark spots done at a reputed skin clinic where they use salicylic and lactic acid peels for the best results.
- Microdermabrasion This is another procedure that uses exfoliation to get rid of dark spots. This procedure is recommended for those who only have a mild case of hyperpigmentation. Because this is a non-invasive process, no damage to the skin is done. Plus, the healing time is comparatively less.
- Microneedling This procedure involves using a stainless steel needle to gently prick the skin. This improves collagen production, which ultimately enables the skin to retain its elasticity. At a proper skincare clinic, an anesthetic is applied to the skin before the procedure to ensure that you feel no pain. Also, utmost care is taken to not permanently scar the skin in any way.
- Over the counter medication There are plenty of creams, gels and other over the counter products that claim to reduce dark spots effectively. However, these products are only partially effective. Additionally, there is the risk of side effects like rashes and burning, especially if your skin is exceptionally sensitive.
How to Prevent Dark Spots?
There are several ways in which you can control and even prevent the formation of dark spots on face. These tips are certified by dermatologists, so you can rest assured that they are one hundred percent effective.
- Keep your skin protected from the sun. Wear long sleeves, use hats and caps during the summer months for the same. Also, it is absolutely imperative to wear sunscreen with an SPF of either 30 or more for proper protection from UVA and UVB rays.
- If you have sensitive skin, pay extra attention to your skincare routine. Some of your skincare products may be irritating your skin without your knowledge. Look out for any redness or rashes that may indicate sensitivity, and discard the product that may have caused it immediately.
- Retin-A is a popular anti-hyperpigmentation medication, one that is available widely. If you feel that your hyperpigmentation can be treated at home with these topical products, feel free to consult your dermatologist about them.
- If you’re not aware of any particular medication for dark spot on face treatment, get hold of cosmetic products that have a lot of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is known to be an active skin lightening agent that can help in reducing the appearance of dark spots.
Dark Spot Removal Treatment at Labelle
Labelle is one of the most reputed dark spot treatment clinics in the country, with branches in Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Vizag, and Vijayawada. We cater to your skincare needs to the best of our ability. With us, you will gain access to an experienced team of professionals who will guide you through any complication or trouble that your skin may be facing. Dark spotremoval at Labelle is done very carefully and diligently. We provide laser therapy for dark spot removal, which is one of the quickest and most painless methods out there. There is no risk of scarring or side effects- it’s as safe as it gets.
First, one of our esteemed experts will assess your skin's condition and deduce the root of the problem. Then, depending on your skin type and the number and intensity of your dark spots, an estimated number of sessions will be prescribed to you. Usually, an average of 8 sessions is enough, but the number will eventually depend on your individual condition.
To get a healthy and glowing skin free from dark spots, call Labelle today and book your appointment. With our world class dark spot removal treatment gives your skin the much needed glow and health it needs!
FAQ's - Dark Spot Treatment
You might experience some mild swelling on the skin immediately after the procedure, but it should go away within two days.
It depends on the type of dark spot treatment that you have opted for. You can see positive results within a day, or it may take a week for the desired results to finally show up.
The cost of dark spot removal is affordable and the treatment can be customized as per your needs.
It depends on your skin condition. Basically, it consists of 4-8 sessions for dark spot treatment.
Labelle has branches in cities like Hyderabad, Chennai, Vijayawada, Vizag and Bangalore. With best team of experts for dark spot removal, customized packages that suit your individual needs at the most affordable price.