- /How to Get Rid Of Black Neck
How to Get Rid Of Black Neck
Are you amongst the people who suffer from a black neck? If you are looking for ways as to how to remove dark neck, then you have come to the right place. In this article, you will find solutions to get rid of black neck, causes, home remedies for dark neck, tips, reasons for the occurrence of black neck, etc.
Do you want to attain a perfect complexion and understand how to get rid of black neck? All you have to do is to take some proper measures for naturally getting rid of the pigmentation. Lack of hygiene is the primary reason for blackening of neck. While we pamper our face with regular massages, facials and treatments, we tend to ignore our neck area. This makes it dull and pigmented. It becomes important to cleanse our neck and go for home remedies to ensure lightening up of the dark neck.
What Is Black Neck?
Black neck refers to the lines or patch of skin along the folds of neck that have blackened up due to too much of pigmentation. This might look like superficial skin issue caused by over exposure to the sun, but it should be taken care of to avoid its spread all over the neck. Usually, black neck is seen in people with fair complexion. It is neither infectious nor contagious, but it does not look nice. You have to take measures to remove blackness from neck in order to make your facial skin match up with your neck. This makes you feel confident and you don’t have to hide behind collared-clothes.
What Causes Black Neck?
The primary reason that causes black neck is poor hygiene. When you strive to lighten dark neck, you have to foremost change your hygiene patterns. However, there are other factors that contribute to a dark neck, like-
- - Obesity
- - Diabetes
- - Exposure to the harmful rays of the sun for long duration of time. In this case, it can be avoided by using a sunscreen every time to stay protected.
- - Pollutants present in the environment
- - Chemicals that are used in skin care products and cosmetics. It is always advisable to remove all the skin makeup before going to sleep.
- - Medical issues like fungal infections or eczema can also lead to skin darkening.
- - Acanthosis Nigricans is a hormonal condition that is associated with skin darkening around the neck and other body parts. For such conditions, there are certain remedies that need to be done in order to get rid of black neck.
How to Remove Dark Neck?
If you are wondering how to get rid of black neck quickly yet permanently, there are three simple yet effective steps that hardly consume 20 minutes in total and show results within 2 days1. Steaming
In this step, take a cotton cloth or a towel and soak it in warm water. Now cover your neck with this warm towel for four to five minutes. This helps in opening up the pores of the neck. The steam ensures that the dead skin and dirt is removed completely.2. Exfoliation
Apply fresh lemon juice for 20 minutes on the blemishes for a month or two for lightening up the blemishes.3. Whitening
Make a pack of some sandalwood powder, lemon juice and raw milk. Apply on the neck area for ten minutes before washing it away. This lightens the complexion of the neck.
Home Remedies for Black Neck
If you want to get rid of black neck, then home remedies are the best fast and effective way for dark neck removal. These use the ingredients lying around the house and help you to get rid of black neck without any side effects. Some of the home remedies for dark neck are-1. Lemon and milk powder
Simply take ¼ of lemon slice, 2 tablespoons of milk powder and 1 teaspoon of olive oil and mix them. Keep the mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes and then apply it on the neck. Wipe it off after 15-20 minutes to get rid of black neck.2. Tomato
Slice a chilled tomato and sprinkle some sugar on in. Massage this on your neck for two minutes and then dry it out. After it becomes dry, wash off with cool water to remove dark neck.3. Almond oil
Mix some almond oil with 2 drops of tea tree oil and massage it on your cleansed neck for fifteen minutes in circular motions. Rinse it off with warm water to remove dark neck.4. Baking soda
Add water in baking soda to make a smooth paste and apply it on the neck area before letting it dry off. Scrub it away and then clean it with water. Moisturise afterwards.5. Potato
Grate one potato and squeeze it to extract the juice. Apply it on the neck and let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water every day to remove dark neck.6. Yoghurt
Mix two tablespoons of yoghurt with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply it on the neck for twenty minutes before washing it away.7. Cucumber
Grate a cucumber and massage it on the neck for five minutes. Leave it for ten minutes and let it regenerate your neck skin cells.8. Shea Butter
Apply organic, unprocessed shea or cocoa butter on a cleansed neck and massage for five minutes. Don’t rinse it away and do it every night before going to bed to remove dark neck.
Tips to Remove Dark Neck
Other than home remedies for dark neck, there are certain tips that help in dark neck removal. The tips help in taking care of the neck skin in order to allow whitening and remove all the accumulated dirt and pigmentations from it. Some of the tips are-
- Washing your neck every time after washing your face is a good practise.
- Always apply sunscreen and moisturiser on your neck along with your face.
- For improving blood circulation, it is important to massage your neck with warm almond oil every once a week
- Sweating leads to darkening of skin, so always sprinkle some baby powder on the neck area.
- Consume foods rich in Vitamin A and C for improving skin health.
- Don’t wear heap ornaments that can cause skin darkening and allergies.