- /How to Get Rid Of Split Ends
How to Get Rid Of Split Ends
Hair is a beauty asset that everyone likes to flaunt. People suffer from a wide range of hair problems in which split ends is one. It seems like the end of the hair as we know it. They make the hair look frizzy and uneven. Especially when you are going to some event, split ends make any hairdo look untidy. Due to deficiency of moisture or protein, the hair might look untidy and lead to split ends. This problem can lower the confidence of men and women. But with some simple home remedies, one can effectively get rid of split ends.
What are Split Ends?
Split ends, also known as trichoptilosis, are fraying or splitting of the hair shaft due to a wide range of reasons. Split ends can occur anywhere on the length of the hair. They don’t necessarily have to be on the tips, they can also occur in the middle.
Causes of Split Ends
Split ends can be caused by multiple reasons including-
- Using hot water for washing your hair can cause split ends. Exposure to sun, pollution, dust in daily life can cause split ends.
- Harsh shampoos, excessive chemicals, too much serum and styling gels can split the hair.
- Not trimming your hair regularly can cause split ends.
- Hairdryers, hair straighteners or curlers etc causes damage to hair follicles. Using hard brushes or brushing wet hair can cause hair to break.
- Backcombing or teasing causes split ends. Washing off your hair is vital after every use of mousse or holding sprays.
How to Remove Split Ends Hair
Split ends can be a problem for people who like styling their hair. But there are certain remedies which can fix split ends overnight and reduce their reappearance. Protein masks, egg masks, hot oil massages and frequent trimming of hair are some of the best ways to get rid of split ends forever. It becomes important to cut your hair to one inch frequently. Use a mild shampoo free of chemicals and condition your hair to remove split ends hair. Wash your hair with cold water and use a good gentle comb for best maintenance of your hair.
Home Remedies for Split Ends
Home remedies are always easy and cheaper than other alternatives. The salon products come with an expensive tag and are not very effective in get rid of split ends completely. Home remedies offer a fast solution to stop split ends from occurring without cutting. Home remedies not only treat but also naturally cure the split ends with regular use. The only stuff you need is easily available at home. There is no need to spend a lot of money for collecting the items. The best part about home remedies is that they don’t leave any side effects behind.
- Olive oil
Olive oil is one of the best home remedies, heat the oil and massage on your scalp. Keep it for an hour before washing it off with water.
- Almond oil
Heat almond oil and mix coconut oil in it. Massage on the scalp. Keep it on for an hour before washing off.
- Egg mask
Mix one egg, one teaspoon of honey and three teaspoons of olive oil together. Keep this mask on for half an hour before washing it off with shampoo.
Mix yoghurt and ripe papaya together to get a thick consistency. Apply it to a pack and let it dry for half an hour. Wash it off with cold water and gentle shampoo.
Mix honey and curd and apply to the hair ends. After keeping it on for half an hour, wash off with a mild shampoo.
Tips to Prevent Split Ends
- Dip the tips of your hair in hot oil and then massage the oil on your scalp. This keeps the hair nourished and prevents split-ends from occurring.
- Use a scarf or hat to protect hair from getting exposed to the harsh rays of the sun.
- Don’t brush wet hair. Let it dry before you comb it.
- Go for frequent trimming of split ends every month to get rid of split ends completely.
- Despite the season, wash hair with cold water. Use a conditioner every week.
- Drink lots of water to keep the scalp and body moisturised.
- Use wide tooth comb with nylon bustles to brush hair.
Split End Treatment at LABELLE
Split ends occur when the protective cuticle wears down from the ends of the hair. With Labelle’s treatment and spa methods, the hair is restored back to its former glory. Labelle consists of best hair consultants who can offer best solutions to get rid of split ends based on your hair type. Every hair is different and there is different treatment needed for different people.
With Labelle, the team of skilled doctors are there to help you select the best hair products to get shiny, frizz-free, bouncy, long, strong and split-end free hair. Labelle yields guaranteed visible results for split hair remedy. Labelle has its centres in Hyderabad, Chennai, Vizag, Secunderabad, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry and Bangalore. Book your appointment today to get rid of split ends.
I highly recommend La Belle which helped me regain my confidence. It was very frustrating and I just could not control eating. The therapeutic approach helped me shed big kilos only in a few months.- Lavanya. R