- /How To Heal Cracked Heels
How To Heal Cracked Heels
Winters are right around the corner which gives rise to one of the biggest problems faced by everyone: cracked heels. Cracked heels are natural yet very common phenomena. The severity of the problem can range from having minor simple cracks to developing major painful cracks which give trouble in walking. The skin is dry and looks extremely thick. Layers of dry skin deposit on the heels and make it look ugly. No one wants to wear some footwear to hide their cracked feet. Several natural home remedies are used to repair and heal cracked heels instantly.
Symptoms of Cracked Heels
- Redness and inflammation- Cracked heels look red from inside.
- Peeling of the skin- The skin starts peeling off. If you moisturise it daily and exfoliate it, it can be prevented or else cracks will form.
- Bleeding and some other discharge- It is vital to take necessary precautions to fix the problem before the cracks worsen and bleeding occurs. There can also be some other discharge from the cracks owing to the damage to the internal skin. You need to get it treated before winter or else it would worsen.
- Itching- There is an itchy rash that refuses to go away.
- Rough skin- This is right when steps should be taken to make sure that cracks do not form. If the skin looks whitish, treat is right away by moisturising it daily.
What Causes Cracked Heels?
There are various reasons for cracked heels that can cause cracked feet including dry air, lack of any moisture, use of harsh soaps etc. When feet are neglected and proper care is not taken, it causes foot crack. Unhealthy diet and a shortage of water can also cause the skin to crack. Wearing wrong size shoes, or standing on hard floors for a long time without wearing any footwear worsens the problem. Psoriasis, diabetes, corns, eczema, calluses and thyroid disease are some of the medical problems that also contribute to cracked heels. Winter worsens the problem so it becomes vital to get it treated before that.
Complications Associated With Cracked Heels
The people who suffer from moderate or mild cracks in feet are aware of the complications involved. The severity of the condition leads to developing of deep cracks. The main problems associated are
- Increased urge to itch and a burning sensation
- Effect on working ability since you cannot stand for long
- It is painful hence difficulty in walking
- There can be infections too
- If it gets way too severe, home remedies don’t work any longer and expensive cosmetic or dermatological treatments are required.
How to Cure Cracked Heels
By exfoliating every once in a while and properly moisturising your feet every day, you can get rid of cracked heels. Exfoliation with some scrub helps in removing the dead skin from getting collected. Using a moisturiser afterwards seals in the moisture content in the skin by softening the skin and prevents the cracks from developing. You can easily try on some effective home remedies to cure cracked heels. If the condition persists even after moisturising, scrubbing and foot massage, then it is imperative for you to visit a doctor to heal cracked heels.
Home Remedies to Heal Cracked Heels Fast
When it comes to home remedies for cracked heels, the best thing about them it that they do not have any side effects. Some remedies might work for some people and for some it might not work, but there are no side effects experienced after using home remedies. Home remedies are cheap, effective and can be used by everyone. All you need are some easily available ingredients and let the magic begin.
Rice flour is one of the best home remedies to heal cracked heels. Mix ground rice and honey and some apple cider vinegar. Make a thick paste. After moisturising your heels with some oil, soak them in some warm water and use this scrub paste for exfoliation. Repeat until the foot crack is completely cured.
Exfoliate your feet with soapy water with a pumice stone. Wash it off and apply vegetable oil to your feet. Wear socks and leave them on while you sleep. Repeat this step until the cracked feet is treated.
Fill warm water in a tub and add two spoons honey in it. Soak your feet in it for twenty minutes for the honey to work its magic.
Before sleeping, apply coconut oil to your feet, wear socks and sleep. Repeat.
Olive oil to heal cracked heels
Just like coconut oil, you can also use olive oil for overnight treatment.
Tips to Prevent Cracked Heels or Cracked Feet
- As it is said, prevention is always better than the cure. When you moisturise your skin regularly, dry cracked heels can be prevented. Using Vaseline does the job.
- You should always wear comfortable footwear. You should go for wearing properly fitted shoes and refrain yourself from walking too much. Excessive exposure to pollution should be avoided. This would get rid of cracked heels.
- Indulge in a good foot massage to relax your feet as well as prevent dryness. Infuse some oil in hot water or simply add lemon to the water for relaxing.
- The best way to prevent dryness of any kind is to drink lots of water. This keeps the skin supple and soft and locks the moisture inside the skin.
- Exfoliation always removes the dead skin layer from the legs and does not let the skin crack. Scrub your heels regularly with pumice stone and soak them in hot lemon water. This would get rid of smelly feet as well as heal cracked heels.
Cracked Heels Treatment at Labelle
With Labelle, you can never go wrong. Labelle offers guaranteed results with its state of art machinery. The products used are of exceptional quality without any compromise. To heal cracked heels, Labelle offers ‘Heel fissures treatment’, in which the podiatrist treats the cracks, prescribes ointments or heel cups. The skilled surgeons can perform plastic surgery in case of severely damaged foot tissues. It works wonders and visibly improves the quality of the skin. With Labelle’s ‘cracked heels treatment’, you can get rid of cracked heels in no time.Labelle is the best with centres in Hyderabad, Chennai, Vizag, Secunderabad, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry and Bangalore.
I highly recommend La Belle which helped me regain my confidence. It was very frustrating and I just could not control eating. The therapeutic approach helped me shed big kilos only in a few months.- Lavanya. R