- /How to Remove Pimples
How to Remove Pimples
Even the best of sunny mornings can make you frown when you have those hideous pimples on face. As soon as there is the occurrence of a single pimple on face, you just want to get rid of pimples overnight. A zit or pimple can kill your confidence and make you want to hide your face with layers of makeup. Pimples on face tend to rob you of your inner peace. You just want to remove pimples from your skin naturally, permanently yet as quickly as possible.
Pimples are basically skin inflammations or lesions that occur when your skin gets infected with bacteria, resulting in swelling up of the skin. The imbalance in the secretion of sebum (an oily substance secreted by sebaceous/oil glands) causes pimples. If you are wondering how to remove pimples fast, then you are at the right article. In the case of pimples, there are certain tips, home remedies and some things to avoid which can greatly reduce pimples on face.
What Causes Pimples?
Before understanding how to remove pimples, it is important to understand what causes pimples on face. Pimples need to be treated immediately or else they can turn into acne and leave behind scars which are very difficult to deal with. The reasons for the occurrence of pimples are-
- Blocking of the pores when the shed dead skin gets stuck to sebum. The blocked pores turn into pimples.
- Heredity or genetics play a major role in pimples.
- Puberty or teenage pimples
- Sensitivity to testosterone hormone can also trigger over secretion of sebum, leading to pimples.
- Bacterial growth
- Consumption of oily foods, dairy products and high glycemic foods
- Skincare products, not removing makeup
- The friction created by rubbing of skin
How to Get Rid Of Pimples?
- A healthy and balanced diet is the key to keeping your skin healthy and pimple-free. One must include foods like whole grains, green tea, yoghurt, vegetables, walnuts, fresh fruits, dark chocolate in their daily routine. It is also advised to avoid foods that increase sugar and insulin levels in blood like junk food, sugary foods, dairy products etc.
- Make some lifestyle changes like drinking more water, avoiding consumption of alcohol, avoiding smoking and getting sufficient sleep.
- Not taking stress helps a lot in preventing pimples. This can be done by doing regular exercises that can calm your mind down.
- Always follow the skincare routine of using cleanser, toner and moisturiser to maintain healthy skin. Also, use home remedies packs on the skin twice weekly.
- Use ice cubes on the pimples to reduce their inflammation. This would make them heal faster without leaving any scar behind.
Home Remedies for Pimples
Home remedies for pimples are the best way to remove pimples naturally. Home remedies for pimples work more effectively than any other cosmetic solutions owing to the lack of side effect. They not only remove pimples but also cure them of the root. They might not work within one day, but they remove pimples effectively by using the household items lying around.1. Toothpaste
Take a cotton swab and apply mint based white anti-bacterial toothpaste layer on your fresh pimple. Leave it overnight for it to heal.2. Peppermint oil
Mix a few drops of peppermint oil with one teaspoon of vitamin E oil and apply it on the pimple directly. It acts as an astringent and reduces the swelling.3. Epsom salt
Mix one teaspoon of Epsom salt in half cup of water and dab it on the affected area with a cotton swab. Do it for a couple of minutes and follow it up by a moisturiser.4. Apple cider
Mix one part water with one part of apple cider and apply it on the affected area. Leave it on for some minutes before washing it off and repeat daily.5. Baking soda
Mix one teaspoon of baking soda in water and apply the paste on your pimples with fingers. Leave it on for five minutes before washing it away.6. Warm coconut oil
Warm up some coconut oil and apply it on the affected area. Massage it in and reapply twice daily. This hydrates the skin and leads to the regeneration of skin cells.7. Vaseline
Apply Vaseline directly twice daily. This keeps skin hydrated and helps in improving skin appearance by fading away from the blemishes caused by acne. However, you should not attempt this if you have acne-prone skin.8. Garlic
Mash up some cloves of garlic and make a paste with some water. Apply on the skin directly. Wash it off after ten minutes. This helps in fighting acne.
Tips to Remove Pimples
Pimples might be tricky but dealing with them is not. You have to be careful to get your pimple treated at the right time or else it might aggravate further into acne and leave the scars behind. In order to prevent that from happening, below are certain tips to remove pimples effectively-
- Always use a toner after cleansing your face. This helps in restoring any oil that had been lost during the cleansing.
- Consult a dermatologist before using any anti-acne creams or gels. Topical retinoids consisting of isotretinoin and tretinoin are usually recommended by the doctors. However, without consulting a doctor, never use them.
- Use home remedies face pack twice or thrice a week to clear up your skin. For example, fuller’s earth is a great face pack to apply when mixed with honey.
- Use mint leaves to remove pimples along with other skin blemishes. Grind them into a smooth paste and apply overnight for results.
- Always consume healthy food in order to remove pimples. What you eat in is what your skin tends to become.
How to Prevent Pimples?
Instead of putting effort into trying to remove pimples, it is always better to prevent them from occurring. There are many ways that you can try in order to prevent pimples from marring the beauty of your skin. Some of the preventive measures that can be taken on a daily basis are-
- Wash your face twice daily to prevent dust and dirt from getting accumulated. This would prevent pimples from occurring.
- Always choose a mild cleanser for washing your wash daily. It is important to wash your face thoroughly in order to avoid any residue.
- Avoid using too much makeup. If you use makeup, then it becomes vital to remove every trace of it before sleeping.
- Avoid consuming processed and packaged food. They do not contain any hydration and are not good or your skin in the long run.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin. It I always advisable to drink 8 to 10 glasses every day for healthy pimple-free skin.
- Apply steam to your face once or twice a week to cleanse your pores.