How Much Does Chemical Peel Cost In India?
Many people who struggle with uneven skin tone, acne scars, or age-related blemishes feel their self-esteem and confidence draining away due to the appearance of their skin. With the skin being the most visible part of the body, one is driven to try various skin rejuvenation methods like chemical peel treatment.
This cosmetic procedure involves putting a solution on the skin to remove its top layer, revealing smoother, more evenly toned skin beneath. Chemical peels can be tailored to specific body parts, including the face, neck, hands, and even areas prone to hyperpigmentation.
Chemical peels appeal to various people because, as the old, damaged skin is shed, a fresh, lighter, more supple and youthful-looking layer emerges. This transformation can significantly enhance one’s self-esteem, instilling a newfound sense of confidence.
The impact of chemical peels extends beyond physical appearance. The clearer, more radiant skin can lead to improved self-perception and a greater sense of self-worth, making one feel comfortable and empowered in their own skin.
Because of these potential positives, several people seek out the cost of chemical peel treatment in India. This comprehensive guide examines the use of chemical peels to revitalise one’s skin and attitude.
What Is Chemical Peeling?
Chemical peeling is a cosmetic procedure used for rejuvenating and improving the appearance of the skin. It involves the application of a chemical solution to the skin’s surface, causing the top dry and dead skin to exfoliate and eventually peel off. This process encourages the growth of new, smoother skin with a more even tone and texture.
The treatment is versatile and can be customised to address various skin concerns, including hyperpigmentation, acne scars, fine lines, and uneven skin tone. It’s commonly performed on the face but can also be applied to the neck, hands, and other body parts.
Dermatologists apply different amounts of the chemical. The depth of the peel varies depending on the specific needs of the individual, with options ranging from superficial to deep peels.
- Superficial Peels: These are the mildest chemical peels, usually involving alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) or beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs) like glycolic acid and salicylic acid. They primarily target the outer layer of the skin, offering a gentle exfoliation. Superficial peels effectively treat minor skin blemishes, stimulate collagen production, and enhance overall skin texture.
- Medium Peels: Medium peels typically use trichloroacetic acid (TCA) to penetrate the skin deeper. They effectively treat more significant skin issues such as moderate wrinkles, acne scars, and uneven pigmentation. This type of peel requires a longer recovery time compared to superficial peels.
- Deep Peels: Phenol-based peels are considered deep peels and provide the most noticeable results. They penetrate deep into the skin to address severe wrinkles, deep scars, and extensive sun damage. Due to its intensity, a deep peel requires a more extended recovery period and is usually performed under sedation.
What Are The Benefits of Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels rejuvenate the skin, addressing various concerns from uneven tone to fine creases. Below are some key benefits associated with this treatment:
- Improved Skin Texture and Tone: One of the primary advantages of face peeling is its ability to promote a smoother, more even complexion. By removing the outermost layer of dead and damaged skin cells, peels stimulate the growth of fresh, healthy skin. This produces a refined texture and a more uniform tone, leaving the skin revitalised.
- Reduced Hyperpigmentation: Chemical peels effectively reduce hyperpigmentation, including sunspots, age spots, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) caused by acne or other skin conditions. The exfoliating action of the peel helps break down excess melanin, resulting in a more balanced and radiant complexion.
- Minimised Acne and Acne Scars: Chemical peels help manage acne-prone skin. They work by unclogging pores, reducing inflammation, and encouraging cell turnover. Additionally, peels can help fade acne scars, providing a smoother, more even surface.
- Diminished Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Collagen production naturally decreases as one ages, leading to the development of fine lines and wrinkles. Chemical peels stimulate collagen production, which helps plump up the skin and reduce the appearance of these signs of ageing. With regular treatments, fine lines can be softened, and skin can regain a youthful appearance.
- Enhanced Radiance and Glow: Chemical peels can reveal your skin’s natural radiance by removing dull and dead skin cells. This leaves you with a fresher, healthier complexion that appears more vibrant and youthful.
- Controlled Oil Production: For individuals with oily or acne-prone skin, chemical peels can help regulate oil production. By exfoliating the skin and unclogging pores, peels can reduce the likelihood of breakouts and help keep excess oil in check.
- Addressed Sun Damage: Over time, sun exposure can lead to various forms of skin damage, including sunspots, uneven pigmentation, and fine lines. Chemical peels effectively reverse some of the effects of sun damage, resulting in a more youthful and even-toned complexion.
- Customisable Treatments: Chemical peels have various strengths, allowing for customisation based on individual skin types and concerns. A certified dermatologist or skin care professional can tailor the treatment to the client’s specific needs, achieving the desired results while minimising potential risks or discomfort.
- Boosted Confidence and Self-Esteem: Improving the appearance of the skin can have a significant impact on a person’s confidence and self-esteem. Knowing that their skin looks smoother, more even, and rejuvenated can boost one’s overall well-being and self-assurance.
What Is The Price of Chemical Peeling Treatment in India?
When looking at the chemical peeling price in India, it’s essential to understand that prices can differ based on several factors, including the type of peel and the geographical location of the clinic. Here’s a breakdown of the approximate ranges for different types of chemical peels:
- Superficial Peels: Superficial peels, which use mild acids like glycolic or salicylic acid, are the most affordable option. They typically chemical peel cost between Rs 2,000 to Rs 5,000 per session. These peels are ideal for addressing minor skin concerns and maintaining overall skin health.
- Medium Peels: This type of peel, often employing trichloroacetic acid (TCA), penetrates deeper into the skin and is priced higher, ranging from Rs 5,000 to Rs 15,000 per session. Medium peels are effective for moderate skin issues like acne scars and sun damage.
- Deep Peels: Deep chemical peels use phenol-based solutions and are the most expensive option, ranging from Rs 15,000 to Rs 40,000 or more per session. These peels are reserved for more severe skin concerns, such as deep wrinkles and extensive sun damage.
Examples of Chemical Peel Treatments in India
India offers various chemical peel treatments designed to address skin concerns and imperfections. Each treatment is tailored to specific needs, from acne management to reversing sun damage, and the chemical peel treatment cost varies for each type.
- Glycolic Peel: Glycolic peel treatments typically range from Rs 2,000 to Rs 5,000 per session. This versatile peel can help reduce acne, wrinkles, sun spots, uneven skin texture, and discolouration. Its skin-rejuvenating properties are ideal for repairing age-related damage.
- Salicylic Peel: The cost for aesthetic procedures involving a salicylic acid peel typically falls in the range of Rs 1,500 to Rs 8,000 per session. This peel is often preferred for addressing acne concerns because it excels at unclogging pores, leading to a clearer complexion.
- Kojic Peel: This treatment falls within the price range of Rs 1,000 to Rs 3,000 per session. Multiple sessions may be required to achieve optimal results. The peel gently removes dead skin cells, revealing a healthier complexion.
- SM Peel: SM peel treatments, ranging from Rs 1,000 to Rs 4,000 per session, are designed to correct issues like discolouration, pigmentation, dark spots, and acne blemishes.
- Nomelan Phenol Peel: This technique exfoliates the top layer, making it an ideal treatment option for dull and damaged skin. The Nomelan phenol peel is priced between Rs 1,500 and Rs 5,000 per session.
- TCA Peel: Committing to TCA peel costs between Rs 5,000 and Rs 7,000 per session. Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peel effectively reverses skin damage, especially in the form of acne scars or melasma.
- Lactic Peel: Lactic peel treatments are ideal for dealing with dry or sensitive skin, helping exfoliate and hydrate the skin, leaving it refreshed and radiant. The cost ranges from Rs 700 to Rs 1,500 per session.
- Jessner Peel: Jessner peel treatments penetrate deeper skin layers to address sun damage, rejuvenating skin affected by excessive sun exposure. This chemical peel treatment cost ranges from Rs 1,500 to Rs 3,000 per session.
- Claze Argi Peel: This procedure reduces discolouration around the eyes and brightens the skin tone. Each session may cost between Rs 1,000 and Rs 3,000, with multiple sessions potentially needed for desired results.
What Determines the Price of Peel Treatments?
Several factors come into play regarding the cost of chemical peel treatment in India. Understanding these elements can help individuals make informed decisions about their skincare investments:
- Type and Depth of Peel: The specific type and depth of the therapy significantly impact the overall chemical peel treatment cost. Superficial peels, targeting the outermost layer of skin, are generally more affordable compared to deeper peels that penetrate the deeper layers for more intensive treatment.
- Clinic’s Location: The location of the clinic or dermatologist’s practice plays a crucial role in determining the cost of chemical peels. Urban centres or high-cost areas may have higher prices compared to clinics in more suburban or rural locations.
For instance, the average cost of face peeling in Mumbai ranges from Rs 2,500 to Rs 10,000. On the other hand, the same in Jaipur goes for between Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000.
- Clinic Reputation and Expertise: Clinics in urban areas might charge more. However, one must seek established places with experienced dermatologists or skincare professionals. Such practices are in an understandable position to charge higher fees for their services. This reflects the clinic’s expertise, quality of care, and reputation.
- Additional Services and Follow-Up Treatments: Some clinics may include post-peel care, follow-up appointments, or complementary treatments in their packages. These additional services can contribute to the overall cost of the chemical peel treatment. It’s prudent to seek clarification on this before committing to the clinic.
- Number of Sessions Required: The number of sessions needed to achieve desired results varies based on individual skin conditions and the type of peel chosen. The total cost will be higher if the preferred treatment entails multiple sessions.
- Pre- and Post-Treatment Care Products: One feels the temporary rawness and sensitivity, particularly after medium and deep peels. As a result, some clinics recommend specific skincare products for pre and post-treatment care. These products may be an additional expense to consider when budgeting for a chemical peel.
- Inclusion of Anesthesia or Sedation: Depending on the depth of the peel and individual pain tolerance, anaesthesia or sedation options may be offered. For instance, deep peels are often more painful, and a patient might sometimes require painkillers. This can add to the overall cost of the procedure.
Safe and Effective Chemical Peeling with Labelle
Acne spots, melasma, freckles and other unwelcome features may make you feel frustrated with your skin. After all, feeling good can make you perform better in other aspects of life. With chemical peeling, you can significantly reduce imperfections to rejuvenate your skin.
Contact Labelle to take you through the journey to regain your self-esteem and self-confidence.
Image by kroshka__nastya on Freepik