How To Increase Hair Density And Thickness
Hair is one aspect that is most often noticed and appreciated. You might wear good clothes, have a clear skin but if your hair is not good; people do tend to point that out. Everyone desires to have thick, shiny, lustrous and voluminous hair- and you can easily achieve it by taking little efforts. Hair density gives a fuller appearance to your hair and makes it look bouncy.
If you want to know how to increase hair density or how to increase hair thickness, then read on this article to find out.
Causes For Decreasing Hair Density
Hair density is the number of hair strands present on your head per square inch of the scalp. Hair texture is the quality of those hair strands. When you lose more than 100 strands of hair a day, then hair density starts decreasing rapidly. Due to various factors, hair density tends to decrease over time. Some of them are-
- Poor diet
This can adversely affect your hair and skin health. What goes inside your body is reflected on your hair. Consuming unhealthy food can increase hair fall and decrease hair volume.
Genes can also play a major role in decreasing hair density. Some people tend to have a gradual decrease in hair density. Male pattern baldness and female pattern baldness are two examples of hereditary diseases where there is thinning and loss of hair.
Stress is another major reason for hair fall.
- Lack of taking proper hair care
Taking care of your hair is also vital to maintain hair density and thickness. Use of correct products and techniques can prevent hair breakage.
Tips To Increase Hair Density And Thickness
- Wet hair is most vulnerable to hair breakage due to combing, tugging or brushing. It is always advisable to avoid styling or combing your hair when it is wet. Let your hair dry before de-tangling those strands.
- There are various products available in the market which has volume boosting chemicals added to them. You can use volume enhancing hair products for an instant result. However, different hair type means different products will work on them. So it is always better to consult a dermatologist regarding the use of such products on your hair.
- Diet rich in protein, iron, folic acid, Vitamin D, zinc and iron are known for increasing hair density and improving hair thickness. It is always better to have a balanced nutritious diet.
- Make sure to massage your scalp as frequently as possible to increase hair density. With frequent head massages, the blood circulation increases which provides essential nutrients to your hair strands and make them thick.
- Avoid trying various brands of products on your scalp. You should also avoid styling your hair with hot irons. These can cause hair damage and lead to hair breakage. Hair colouring also damages your hair and makes it lifeless.
- Always wash your hair gently with your fingers. Don’t scrub them too hard.
Treatments To Increase Hair Thickness And Density
There are also medical treatments available to increase hair density and thickness. At Labelle, the dermatologists first analyse your hair type before suggesting any hair treatment.
Using a topical application of minoxidil can increase your hair volume or hair density easily. Use a dropper to apply either 2% or 5% of the topical solution directly on the scalp. It takes almost 6 months to show any visible results.
Platelet rich plasma treatment has been known for its visible results. This procedure is invasive in nature. Client’s own blood is taken and then processed. The processed blood which is rich in platelets is then re-injected on the client’s scalp. This procedure re-grows the lost hair along with increasing hair density and thickness.
Get Professional Help to Improve Hair Density
Labelle is India’s leading skincare and hair clinic. Labelle has earned its name by giving visible results at lowest cost possible. With customised solutions to every hair problem and advanced machinery to cure all the issues faced, Labelle is your number one choice! It has various chains of clinics spread across an entire span of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu- where you can find a perfect solution to increase your hair density and thickness.
If you wish to book an appointment, you can visit our website today or call us on 0801-900-2020. What’s more? Booking your appointment is free of cost and we also provide online consultation.
Leave a Reply