How to Remove Stretch Marks
Congratulations if you are on a route to fitness, and the results show! If you are a new parent who recently brought a small bundle of joy into this world, another set of congratulations is in order! As wonderful as it feels to see the long hours at the gym pay off or rocking a baby in your arms, these changes come at the expense of stretch marks. You must have noticed stripes on your body–those are stretch marks. Despite being natural, “How to remove stretch marks?” is one of the most common search engine entries.
Even though stretch marks are harmless skin patches, they can take a toll on one’s self-esteem. They can affect your way of dressing, social life, and mental health. Labelle offers you effective ways to remove stretch marks permanently. No longer have to feel ashamed of your beautiful body or worry about feeling conscious wearing a crop top or swimsuit.
What are Stretch Marks?
Also known as stretch scars, striae distensae (SD), or striae gravidarum (SG), stretch marks are scars on your skin in the shape of red or purple lines or stripes that occur due to the skin pulling or ‘stretching.’ Once they fade, they become thin white or silver criss-cross lines on the skin.
Stretch marks usually appear on the stomach, upper arms, breasts, lower back, thighs, butt, and hips. Since these areas are sensitive to weight changes, particularly weight gain, they form stretch marks quickly.
Types of Stretch Marks
There are two types of stretch marks:
• Striae Rubrae: These marks are temporary, red, and have an even texture. They usually form at a 90° angle, stretching across the skin.
• Striae Albae: Striae albae, on the other hand, are zig-zag and wrinkled. They last on the skin longer than striae rubrae. In some cases, they might even remain permanently.
Causes of Stretch Marks
Before figuring out a way to remove stretch marks, it is important to learn why they occur. When your skin expands or contracts, it forms lightened stripes signifying the pulling of the skin. When the skin’s dermal layer stretches, its interconnected fibers pull the skin along with the change in the body. Various factors cause the body to change, leading to stretch marks, such as:
• Pregnancy: Approximately eight out of ten women report pregnancy stretch marks. Pregnancy causes severe body changes, including significant weight gain. When the body gains weight during the pregnancy period, it causes small tears in the skin, creating white and shiny stripes.
• Weight Gain or Loss: When you gain rapid weight around your thighs, hip, upper arms, or stomach, it can create stretch marks. Losing significant pounds can also loosen the skin, leading to stretch scars.
• Corticosteroids: Corticosteroids are manufactured drugs that produce the hormone secreted by the adrenal glands. However, corticosteroids, often found in pills, reduce the collagen level in the skin, altering the skin texture. Collagen makes the skin elastic, so a lack of collagen can create stretch marks.
Other factors that can cause stretch marks include:
• Over-secretion of glucocorticoids by the adrenal gland, resulting in Cushing’s Disease
• Genetic disorders
• Breast implants
Signs and Symptoms of Stretch Marks
Stretch marks usually appear as lines, bands, or stripes on the skin. They may also vary in texture and color. For instance, striae rubrae are temporary, flat red marks on the skin, forming at a right angle. On the other hand, striae albae stretch marks are wrinkled, uneven, and white-silver. They have a more permanent effect on the skin.
If you notice these marks on your stomach, arms, thighs, arms, or hips, you may have stretch marks. In such a case, it is best to treat them instantly. While you can use home remedies for stretch marks, consulting a professional would be a sure-shot way of getting rid of them. Labelle’s professionals will take the utmost care to remove yours!
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Labelle’s procedures treat stretch marks quickly and naturally. However, a common misconception exists regarding stretch mark removal. Many believe they can eliminate the stripes altogether, which can be misleading. Treatments can alter the appearance and texture of stretch scars, but they do not make them disappear. Labelle offers five treatments if you want to get rid of stretch marks to revive your confidence.
• Laser and Light Treatment: In this procedure, our dermatologist will use various laser and light tools to increase your body’s collagen level. Since collagen levels determine elasticity, the skincare expert can swiftly change the marks’ texture on loose skin.
• Chemical Peels: By removing their top layers, chemical peel solutions eliminate damaged and dead skin. Less affected skin takes its place, hiding severe or prominent stretch scars.
• Microneedling: Microneedling is an effective way to reduce stretch marks. In this treatment, the doctor uses hand-held equipment comprising small needles to create tiny holes in the skin. The skincare expert uses needles to increase collagen growth and make the skin elastic. This procedure reduces stretch scars without changing the skin’s color, making it an excellent choice for people with darker skin tones.
• Microdermabrasion: This process exfoliates the top layers of the skin to remove dead cells. While this procedure quickly fades away scars, it can also cause skin pigmentation and scarring.
Choosing the Right Stretch Removal Treatment
When deciding which procedure to choose to remove stretch marks, consider the following factors:
• Are the stretch marks old or new?
• What is your skin type?
• Can your schedule accommodate frequent sessions?
• Cost of the procedure – The treatment cost usually depends on the number of sessions, skin type, and the texture of the stretch marks.
• Your treatment expectations
Labelle’s Stretch Marks Removal Procedure
Labelle follows a carefully curated procedure to ensure a safe and comfortable stretch marks removal experience, whether you want to remove after delivery marks or the stripes you notice after losing or gaining weight. You can return to a confident and scar-free appearance in four steps:
• Initial Consultation: The first step is booking a one-on-one consultation with our dermatologist. The session is mandatory, as it helps the skincare expert learn vital information, such as your skin type, skin condition, the cause of stretch marks, and the kind of scars. The doctor may also ask for your and your family’s medical and health records.
• Customized Treatment Plan: Based on the discussion, your dermatologist will devise a personalized plan, including the suitable treatment, the number of treatments, and the procedure cost. For instance, removing stretch marks from the buttocks might take fewer more sessions than removing them from your legs.
• Procedure: You will receive pre-treatment tips and guidelines to prepare for the process to avoid complications or side effects.
• Aftercare Plan: After a successful procedure, you will receive aftercare guidelines to accelerate the recovery period quickly and healthily. Labelle’s treatments deliver long-lasting results. However, you may be required to book follow-up appointments and follow certain precautions to maintain progress and safely get rid of stretch marks.
Benefits of Removing Stretch Marks
Your skin is your body’s natural cloth. Like your favorite outfit covers your skin, your skin covers the internal organs. Your skin is also what instantly catches the eye of others. However, noticing visible marks and scars on the body can sometimes affect your confidence, causing you to critique it yourself. Stretch marks on your arms can prevent you from wearing short-sleeved or sleeveless tops, or the lines on your thighs can stop you from flaunting the skirt in your wardrobe.
Labelle understands your concerns and offers the best and most effective stretch marks-removal treatments. We wish to make you feel confident again. Our procedures ensure you never feel insecure or conscious of your body. Our cure for stretch marks includes pregnancy scars, weight fluctuations, genetic problems, and puberty. Seeing bands on your body can cause physical and emotional stress, and our treatments ensure you stay stress-free with their myriad benefits, such as:
• Smoother skin
• Even skin texture
• Hidden discolored scars
• Hidden wrinkled skin marks
• Increased self-esteem
• Reclaiming your confidence
• Healthy and positive body image
Side Effects of Stretch Marks Treatments
Stretch marks-removal procedures are entirely safe. However, you may experience mild, harmless, and temporary side effects, such as skin redness, itching, swelling, or irritation around the treated areas. Should the problems persist, contact your Labelle doctor immediately.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks
You can prevent stretch lines in various ways. Along with Labelle’s treatments, you can try the following home remedies to remove stretch marks instead of consuming unprescribed foods or medication.
Exercising has many benefits, from improving mental health to developing a healthy body image. In addition, working out also prevents stretch marks. Since exercising improves blood circulation and helps maintain collagen levels, it keeps the skin elastic and stretchy. Moreover, the improved circulation keeps the muscles strong, reducing the chances of arthritis, swollen feet, or varicose veins.
Hydration is a single solution to most health-related problems. You should drink eight to ten glasses of water daily to keep your skin nourished, rejuvenated, supple, and soft. Water loosens the skin, reducing stretch marks on your legs and hips. You can also apply topical oil or creams to improve your skin’s flexibility. For instance, topical creams during pregnancy can keep the mother healthy and hydrated, reducing mood swings and removing post-delivery marks.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Another home stretch marks treatment includes consuming omega-3 fatty acids. You can reduce and prevent stretch scars by eating walnuts, soybean, beef, cauliflower, or fish.
Vitamin C and Vitamin E play a significant role in eliminating stretch marks. Foods like citrus fruits, kiwi, cabbage and broccoli, spinach, pineapple, and tomatoes comprise Vitamin C. Consuming these foods provides your body with antioxidants, keeping it clean, healthy, and toxin-free, preventing skin scars.
Vitamin E also circulates antioxidants in your bloodstream, recharging your skin and removing stretch marks. You can find Vitamin E in pumpkin seeds, almonds, cashew nuts, spinach, papaya, and avocado.
Want to Remove Stretch Marks? Visit Labelle!
As the leading clinic in South India, Labelle has helped over 20,000 clients feel confident again. Our reliability and skills ensure your stretch marks-removal experience is safe and comfortable and meets your expectations. We offer you the following:
• Over 23 years of expertise and knowledge
• Highly standardized protocols
• Tailored treatment plans
• The latest and most advanced hair implant equipment
• Skilled and trained dermatologists and skincare specialists
If your search history is full of variations of “How to get rid of stretch marks?” you are at the right place! Various factors cause lines or scars on your skin, such as weight change, pregnancy, genes, puberty, or skin conditions. Labelle provides the best skin care treatment, giving you a beautiful, scar-free body in no time. Visit our clinic and book an appointment today!